permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: New Eco-Ag Books, Full Conference Schedule

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: New Eco-Ag Books, Full Conference Schedule
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:47:36 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Eco-Ag Books, Full Conference Schedule
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:29:51 -0400
From: Acres U.S.A. <info@acresusa.com>

News from Acres U.S.A.

If you are having trouble reading this email, you may view the online
version
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-854b8f7fb98e464998faf3043c1a62ea-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>.

It's been a little while since we've sent out news. But we've been busy.

New old Acres U.S.A. officeWe spent the summer moving our offices for
the first time since 1999 and are now in a renovated 1923 dry goods
store in Austin, Texas. If you're ever in the area feel free to stop by.
Having more space allows us to stock even more hard-to-find books on
ecological farming. Everything is online now
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-ab7eef258e880dd26d23ae6d9ecc343d-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>,
but we're also mailing our new winter book catalog in the next few days.

The Acres U.S.A. Conference is Near

/"The Acres U.S.A. Conference is the most important farming conference
in the world for organic/eco-agriculture. I sincerely believe it is the
most important conference of its type."/

/— Andre Leu, president, International Federation of Organic Agriculture
Movements /

*2012 Acres U.S.A. Conference & Eco-Input Trade Show
December 6-8, 2012 — Louisville, Kentucky*
Optional Pre-Conference Advanced Seminars — Dec. 4-5, 2012

Register by Oct. 31 and receive two free conference CDs ($16 value) in
addition to capturing conference pre-registration savings of $25. An
all-access pass to the entire three-day event is just $175 ($200 at the
door).

Plan now to attend a very special conference. The annual Acres U.S.A.
conference sets the standards for innovation and learning. It is where
you find farmers and consultants from every side of eco-farming who come
together to share their experience and expertise.

Acres U.S.A. Conference schedule
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-705377de1f98ee01508394b1dd8e7743-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>The
complete schedule of lectures and workshops is now online
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-dfe748466f309993d1a905fb73b7e845-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>,
but that only tells part of the story. Dozens of speakers are available
in small-group settings to consult on your specific farm issues. And the
trade show of 100 exhibitors displays the most advanced products and
systems of organic/sustainable farming. So beyond the formal
presentations there is a world of knowledge at your disposal.

Whether you want to restore the biology and diversity of your farm,
refine your farming operation, or reinvent your farming enterprise, this
conference is where you'll meet innovative farmers from across the
country and around the world, find new inspiration, and come home with
an action plan.

Complete information online
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-010cc1b9902edbeedfefdd6bfa519d2b-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
in the Events section of www.acresusa.com
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-1c24ff50f8fea1bb11386cc7cdef4ae4-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>.

Space Still Available at Pre-Conference Intensives
*December 4-5, 2012 — Louisville, Kentucky*

/_Two-day intensives on:_/

Biological Farming School— Join Gary Zimmer, Leilani Zimmer-Durand and
Ellen Polishuk to learn how to apply principles of biological
agriculture to your farm. Dec. 4-5, $350. More information.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-64eec7c4ac88d2026b5b213557a0835e-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>

Natural Ruminate Health— Gain a deep understanding of cattle and other
ruminant health — internal, reproductive, production & emergency — from
eco-ag authorities Jerry Brunetti and Hue Karreman, V.M.D. Dec. 4-5,
$350. More information.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-39a4361ef35c2f81be3baa626ac69bb0-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>

Farm-Scale Permaculture— Mark Shepard will explain practical
permaculture and agroforestry for farmers. Learn how to convert your
farm into a profitable, sustainable, perennial permaculture operation.
Dec. 4-5, $350. More information.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-dd00abb1cdd7ce37d3a256df5a1aeb8c-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>

_/One-day intensive on:/_

Fermented Foods— A very special opportunity to learn from Sandor Katz,
fermentation authority and author of /New York Times/ bestseller /The
Art of Fermentation/ and the classic text /Wild Fermentation/. Dec. 5,
$150. More information.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-adbccc5f88955ef16d7b455cde3c634a-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>

In order to keep class sizes small and the exchange of information
personal and lively, class size is strictly limited. Register early to
avoid disappointment. Register online in the Events section of
www.acresusa.com
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-bb737a85cf520f2d0b05b858b0ef62bf-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>.
If you have questions or need help don't hesitate to call us at
1-800-355-5313.

New Books on the Way . . .

We've really been working hard on getting some great new books ready to
unveil at the conference. Pre-order now and shipping is on us.

/*Restoration AgricultureRestoration Agriculture*/ is Wisconsin farmer
Mark Shepard's in-depth presentation of growing staple perennial food
crops. Learn how he transformed his traditional Midwestern farm into a
diverse polyculture. /344 pages, $30.00/ More information or to
pre-order.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-132d2797c44f9515faa6bebfd638cc86-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
/(Shipping Dec. 1)/

*/Maple on TapMaple on Tap/*, from Blue-Ribbon maple syrup maker Rich
Finzer, explains a modern, real-world take on the traditional craft of
extracting nature's delicacy. Amazing, practical advice in a beautiful,
full-color book. A great holiday gift for any crafty outdoorsman. /136
pages, $15.95./ More information or to pre-order.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-f4e8329e65bc0051ca3c10e6b8e2b988-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
/(Shipping Dec. 1)/

*/Biodynamic Pasture Management/*, from New Zealand consultant Peter
Bacchus, details how to effectively use biodynamics in conjunction with
the foundation principles of eco-agriculture — Albrecht-style soil
balancing, composting, organiculture, and more — for optimum grass
productivity and nutrition. /160 pages, $20.00./ More information or to
pre-order.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-a58bcfd2a8ce8875444f94db3c82a4de-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
/(Shipping Dec. 1)/

And finally . . .

*/Albrecht Papers, volumes 3 & 4Albrecht III & IV/* are coming back into
print. Please accept our apology for the almost 10-year wait (and thanks
to David von Pein in Australia for nagging us into activity on these
great books!).

/Albrecht's Hidden Lessons (The Albrecht Papers, Vol. III)/, 401 pages,
$35.00. More information or to pre-order.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-25e5948a12f5a6be5020facd837d423f-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
/(Shipping Dec. 1)/

/Albrecht's Enduring Vision (The Albrecht Papers, Vol. IV)/, 325 pages,
$30.00. More information or to pre-order.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-4de0aef7a85dad0a13a4814080da68c8-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
/(Shipping Dec. 1)/

That's the news for now. The December issue heads to the printer in a
couple of days and it's one of our biggest, best issues ever. We hope to
see you in December in Louisville.

/Everyone at Acres U.S.A./

*<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-79030b1e7095ea4163dc3dbfe7673068-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>*

*LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-b0779890c669204ea073d21f0dc68cf7-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>*

*<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-9b41306d6b563d92d33cb11d4e5c5daf-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>*

*FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-4d046f5817bfb82d995301db7af94a76-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>*

/Add the e-mail address _info@acresusa.com_ to your address book (we
won't share your e-mail address, and you can unsubscribe at any time)./

Acres U.S.A., P.O. Box 301209, Austin, Texas 78703
*Order toll-free: 1-800-355-5313*
Phone: (512) 892-4400, Fax: (512) 892-4448
Website: www.acresusa.com
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-558ff1c3f0f76951e82b057de964743d-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>,
E-mail: info@acresusa.com <mailto:info@acresusa.com>

Pricing and sales for online orders only. Please contact us for
wholesale or retail orders.

Acres U.S.A. Magazine
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-f264a5132120e0724f8209587b284e8d-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-635f995a437243c88a41283d0da746f1-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-5851535283136a5b6fe9a642442bdae7-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>
| Privacy Policy
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1351545971-a4a440faae0a535bc8092ef8873ca36e-f80cdc6?pa=261773911502737306>

  • [permaculture] Fwd: New Eco-Ag Books, Full Conference Schedule, venaurafarm, 10/29/2012