permaculture - [permaculture] Nutrient Dense, Remineralization, High Brix - Online Resources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Nutrient Dense, Remineralization, High Brix - Online Resources
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 01:45:48 -0400

<>

The Real Food Campaign
http://realfoodcampaign.org/home
Organic, biodynamic, local, macrobiotic, raw, vegan… there are so many
choices for those of us who are concerned about the quality and vitality
of our food, it can almost be dizzying. But one thing is certain: it all
starts in the soil. Your food is only as good as the ground it is grown
in. Soil that is denuded and has little or no mineral or vitamin content
produces food that might fill our bellies, but leaves our bodies craving
the bionutrients it needs to build healthy and happy lives. Only soil
that is vital can produce food that is vital, providing you with what
your body needs for health and well-being.
The Real Food Campaign (RFC) is calling for a return to food that is
packed with life-sustaining elements. A hundred years of commercial
farming and soil erosion have eroded our health. Once rare or unknown
diseases like Parkinsons, ADHD, and Alzheimers are becoming more common
and are linked to a deficiency in minerals that were once present in the
soil and the crops we grew and ate. The Real Food Campaign is calling
for a return to food that tastes better, keeps longer, and replaces our
need for a handful of multivitamins.
-
Documents
http://realfoodcampaign.org/documents
This page contains links to general information pertinent to the Real
Food Campaign, as well as the slide presentations from recent RFC Workshops.
Call to Action
http://realfoodcampaign.org/sites/default/files/BFA_call-to-action.pdf
The PDF version of the Call to Action issued by the Bionutrient
Food Organization & the Real Food Campaign, a call for gathering support
to launch a thorough, science-based exploration into what actually
constitutes quality in our food, how it is determined, and how reliable
measurements and tools can be made available to growers and consumers in
a useful and empowering way.
Principles to Produce Nutrient Dense Crops
http://realfoodcampaign.org/sites/default/files/PrinciplesToProduceNutrientDenseCrops.pdf
This is the PDF version of the PowerPoint document that Director
Dan Kittredge uses in workshops to farmers around the country. You will
soon be able to purchase an audio file of him presenting this material
to the Eco-Farm Conference in California.
2011 Nutrient Guide
http://realfoodcampaign.org/sites/default/files/2011_Nutrient_Guide.pdf
Food composition tables for more than 400 natural and conventional
foods, with a special update on America's vanishing nutrients, as
compiled by Alex Jack of www.amberwaves.org.
Glossary of Terms
http://realfoodcampaign.org/sites/default/files/RFC_Glossary.pdf
Definitions of terms used in the courses. An evolving document.
Refractive Index of Crop Juices
http://realfoodcampaign.org/sites/default/files/RefractiveIndexOfCropJuices.pdf
A Brix chart that specifies the parameters for poor, average, good
and excellent Brix for a large number of crops.

<>

Ask the Plant
Proactive Fertilization Management For Better Yields and Quality At
Lower Cost
http://asktheplant.com/
Texas Plant and Soil Lab
http://www.texasplantandsoillab.com/
Texas Plant and Soil Lab, established in 1938 in the heart of the Rio
Grand Valley, is a leading national testing lab for Soil, Plant, and
Water analysis.
For over 70 years we have been perfecting the process of laboratory soil
analysis, the Daubeny Extraction Method, utilizing Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
to mimic the way plants naturally take in nutrients, and the Albrecht
system of fertility balancing for optimum crop yields.

<>

Weston A. Price Foundation
Nutrient Dense Food & High Brix Farming and Gardening
http://www.westonaprice.org/farm-a-ranch/nutrient-dense-food-high-brix-farming-gardening

<>

TERRA: Nutrient Dense
http://www.nutrient-dense.info/gateway.htm
To restore human health by renewing the minerals and life in soils
to optimize the nutritional quality of food.
To support farmers to apply the biological science principles
of 21st century agriculture in effective soil stewardship.
To create Standards, Certification and Marketing
to deliver authentic Nutrient-Dense foods to consumers.
The Nutrient-Dense Project
Farming and Food for the 21st Century
ARTICLES
http://www.nutrient-dense.info/Articles.htm

<>

Remineralize the Earth
http://remineralize.org/
Remineralize the Earth is a nonprofit organization assisting the
worldwide movement of remineralizing soils with finely ground rock dust,
sea minerals and other natural and sustainable means to increase the
growth, health, and nutrient value of all plant life. Adding minerals
and trace elements is vital to the creation of fertile soils, healthy
crops and forests, and is a key strategy to stabilize the climate.

<>

High Brix Gardens is an undertaking of International Ag Labs. For the
past 25 years International Ag Labs has been a leading proponent of
quality foods and animal feedstock. Our approach has been to help
farmers achieve quality by enhancing nutrient availability, microbial
stimulation, and plant health.
http://www.highbrixgardens.com/home-highbrixgardens.html
Grow Your Own Nutrition!
highbrix-gardens-grow-nutrition
High Brix Gardens is all about helping you improve your health by
growing the highest quality produce.
What is the difference between health and disease? What is the
fundamental cause of disease? What is true health and how do foods fit
into this matrix? The answer to these and many other perplexing problems
can be summed up in one word: energy. It is energy that determines the
degree of health or disease. It is the lack of energy that causes
disease while the right kind of energy causes us to be healthy. Food is
an energy package that can push us toward health or away from it. Energy
is associated with the minerals in foods. Thus the higher the mineral
density in foods, the higher the energy available to the body. This
balance of energy can be termed nutrition. Sickness and disease are the
result of a nutritional deficiency—not a drug deficiency.
Read more: Grow Your Own Nutrition!
Victory Gardens for the 21st Century
http://www.highbrixgardens.com/garden-restoration/soil-remineralization.html

<>

Michael Astera

The Nutrient Dense Project:
Science by the People, For the People
Michael Astera
http://nutrientdenseproject.com/

The New Agriculture
http://thenewagriculture.blogspot.com/

SoilMinerals.com
http://www.soilminerals.com/
Waaay Beyond Just Organic
Home | Ideal Soil | Minerals & Fertilizers | Soil Tests | Information |
Heroes | Contact Us
Soil Minerals and Soil Prescriptions for Organic Gardeners Home Page
Complete information on garden soil minerals, nutrients, trace minerals,
fertilizers and amendments for all gardens, farms, lawns, orchards and
greenhouses. Our focus is on perfect health and nutrition for soils,
plants, people and animals through the science of remineralizing and
balancing soil elements. Products for sale: We sell a full line of
organic approved soil minerals, trace element minerals, fertilizers and
fertilizer ingredients and supply laboratory soil testing, consulting,
and prescription soil fertility advice for Organic, Biodynamic, and
Sustainable Gardens, Lawns, Landscapes, Greenhouses and Sustainable
Agriculture Farms.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ideal-Soil-Handbook-Agriculture/dp/0984487603
The Ideal Soil: A Handbook for the New Agriculture [Laser printed]
[Hardcover-spiral]
Michael Astera (Author)
Publication Date: 2010
The secrets of soil mineral balance that create ideal soil, plant, and
animal health are revealed here for the first time. The amazing results
that can be achieved by balancing the major cation minerals Calcium,
Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium in the soil according to the teachings
of Dr William Albrecht and Dr Carey Reams have changed the world of
agriculture. This knowledge has taken the focus away from merely trying
to achieve high volume yields to achieving the highest yields of the
highest quality and nutritional value, while building optimal health in
the soil, the crops, and the people and animals that rely on them for food.
Hardcover-spiral: 139 pages
Publisher: SoilMinerals.com; 1ST edition (2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0984487603
ISBN-13: 978-0984487608

<>

Soil and Health Library
http://www.soilandhealth.org/

<>

  • [permaculture] Nutrient Dense, Remineralization, High Brix - Online Resources, venaurafarm, 08/29/2012