permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Our book and new project ("We are working on a new project called Food Web")

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Our book and new project ("We are working on a new project called Food Web")
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 12:29:24 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abe Connally <abe@velacreations.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Subject: Our book and new project

We are working on a new project called Food Web. The Food Web is a
holistic approach towards small scale food production. Basically, it's a
way to
increase efficiency and yields by integrating livestock. If you are going
to raise animals on your homestead, you should design connections and
interactions between them to decrease feed inputs and labor.

We're building a Food Web here in Northern Mexico as a working example and
sort of an open classroom for the struggling farmers in our area. We are
documenting this project in a book, titled Food Web. It will provide
instructions for people to be able to design and create their own Food Webs,
depending on their unique situations and circumstances.

We need help to get the project off the ground, so we've launched a
crowdfunding campaign here: http://www.indiegogo.com/foodweb

You can help us get this project moving by contributing to the campaign, or
by sharing it with your friends and family. We need everyone to chip in
on this to make the project a reality.

We have detailed information about the project on our website:
http://velacreations.com/foodweb

Help Us Weave the Food Web!

http://VelaCreations.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Our book and new project ("We are working on a new project called Food Web"), Lawrence London, 08/05/2012