permaculture - [permaculture] two recent permaculture podcasts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] two recent permaculture podcasts
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:41:42 -0600

Two recent podcasts.

Podcast 136: Review of chapter 9 of Gaia's Garden: SUPER GUILDS!

One of the coolest things in this chapter is certain guilds that are
grass suppressing. (hint: walnuts + hackberry); this is a chapter
where we discover lots of differences between the first edition and
the second edition; snowberry/buckbrush and saponins; poison oak
says "you humans screwed this up, so stay out while I fix it!"

http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture/1708-136-gaias-garden-chapter-9/

Podcast 137: Helen Atthowe gives feedback on the conference "Eco
Farm" where, according to Helen, the super heroes of "beyond organic"
large scale ag go to hang out once a year. Helen talks a little about
veganic permaculture, which is what she presented on there. And then
she talks about some of the presentations she attended. She said
that there was a LOT of stuff moving toward permaculture. A lot of
Salatin style stuff, plus a lot of ag efforts that are merging
annuals, perennials and animals in the systems. Green manures,
living mulches, cover cropping, lower til systems .... We talk about
some different ideas on what IPM means. We talk about how biodynamic
compares to permaculture.

http://www.richsoil.com/permaculture/1717-137-eco-farm/

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp

  • [permaculture] two recent permaculture podcasts, paul wheaton, 04/12/2012