permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ChildrensPeaceGuild <childrenspeaceguild@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Martha Stewart and permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

Despite one's personal opinion of Martha, there's no denying her influence. I
have relatives and friends who, for years, rolled the eyes at the mere
mention of "organic." Once Martha lauded the benefits however, they
immediately began supporting organic food.

There used to be a great homesteading/permaculture zine published by a
collective of women outside Cottage Grove, Oregon. One regular section was
called "Gleaned from the Land of the Living" and it featured their
(admittedly reluctant and begrudging) favorite recipes and ideas from Martha
Stewart Living magazine. Classic example of opposite ends of the spectrum
finding common ground.

 -Roman
Children's Permaculture Guild