permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food forest project at Pine Ridge -assistance

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food forest project at Pine Ridge -assistance
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

 Michael,

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to you - just now going back through my tree
lists. We are moving forward with three food forests, and could use as many
of the below that you can spare. We will be planting between 800-1000 trees
and bushes (most of them windbreaks), we'll be sheltering the less hardy of
them. Trees/bushes on your list that are tested in the ecosystem as
windbreaks and drought tolerant/hardy are honey locust, buffalo berry,
mountain mahogany and rugosa rose. Serviceberry, to some degree. We are
excited about the honey locust because of its many uses and it has hung on
where others have failed. Thank you so much for considering helping this
project! So many good energies are already coming from it. There is a lot of
interest on the rez and we are going to be able to train both youth and
adults while we plant.

Arctic
Beauty Kiwi/ Actinidia kolomikta

Buffaloberry/