permaculture - [permaculture] Heritage pigs considered invasive species in Michigan (what country is Michigan in?, Planet?)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Heritage pigs considered invasive species in Michigan (what country is Michigan in?, Planet?)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:17:41 -0400

http://www.sustainablefarmer.com/ - The state is arguing they are an
invasive species. Is this going on elsewhere? I am concerned about the
looming war between industrial ag and small producers. I would love to
include quotes from members of this listserv in future articles. I am
headed to Mark's farm this Sunday to shoot video. What are your
thoughts? And please let me know if it is OK to quote you.

http://www.sustainablefarmer.com/ - Farmer Mark Baker of Bakers Green Acres is fighting back. He produces Mangalistas for the charcuterie market in Detroit restaurants. Is this going on in other state?

I am going to Mark's farm this coming Sunday to do a video and would like to include quotes from people who might want to comment.

Thanks -

Bonnie Bucqueroux
Sustainable Farmer
http://www.sustainablefarmer.com
http://lansingonlinenews.com
<http://michiganonlinenews.com>

  • [permaculture] Heritage pigs considered invasive species in Michigan (what country is Michigan in?, Planet?), Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/12/2012