permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Article on surviving Argentina's economic collapse

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Article on surviving Argentina's economic collapse
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 23:28:06 -0000

I was not going to react to this topic but seeing that you feel probably hurt by the fairly agressive reaction from people advocating cooperation and peaceful coexistance Trudie I now changed my mind.

I am all in favor of cooperation don't get me wrong. And I like seeing workers take over a closed factory and do something useful with it but I fear the matematics of the cooperation video might not tally completely.

If tens or hundreds of thousands loose their job then there is some hope if a few hundred get the wheels turning again for themselves. But what about the rest? Maybe more positive thinking will see them right?

I can only congratulate the hopeful on the quality of their exellent neighbors but I have serious worries about my own situation in Ireland.

John

isn,t the point that everyone reacts differently to crisis?. Admit it to
yourself that some people carry guns live with guns use guns regularly
anyone telling about their life in argentina is bound to trip over
themselves and make some errors while explaining instead of criticizing the
writer you can just choose to glean what you can from his viewpoint and
experience dont do what some do to permacultuists -throw out everything he
/she says and not have sympathy, empathy for the situatin he finds himsef
in. i hope you dont plan to say im a fake or"only an american would say
that"if i wrie something and one more thing he is helping his
neighbors-us-by being willing to tell what he percieves i personally see
many examples and cannot explain myself i read this list and almost never
make a comment i have learned a hell of a lot though from all the persons
who take the time to write. Trudie Redding austin tx