permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: The Future is Better Than You Think!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: The Future is Better Than You Think!
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:02:58 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The Future is Better Than You Think!
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:10:01 +0000
From: Ray Kurzweil <Ray_Kurzweil@mail.vresp.com>

Dear Friend,

I'd like to reach out to you personally about a new book that I am very
excited about: /Abundance — The Future Is Better Than You Think/
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?KurzweilAINetworkInc/5898556664/f170fa8745/acb311c086/utm_source=Kurzweil&utm_medium=email_personal&utm_campaign=2012_01_28>.
This book is written by my dear friend and colleague Dr. Peter H.
Diamandis, Singularity University Cofounder and X PRIZE Foundation
Chairman, and Steven Kotler, science journalist.

*Peter and Steven intend to start a new conversation in the world — one
focused on solving problems rather than just being gloomy about them.*
In the book, they give an extensive tour of the latest in four emerging
forces: exponential technologies, the DIY innovators, the
Technophilanthropists, and the Rising Billion. They present a very
convincing case that the world's getting better at an accelerating rate
and lay out a road map for achieving the vision of abundance. *I think
you'll enjoy the abundant stories, hard facts, and science/engineering
in the book.*

Today, we are all empowered more than ever before to solve humanity's
grand challenges. *You can help change the world's conversation from the
pessimism of scarcity to Abundance!*

Please explore this book at their website, www.AbundanceTheBook.com
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?KurzweilAINetworkInc/5898556664/f170fa8745/90cdda6566/utm_source=Kurzweil&utm_medium=email_personal&utm_campaign=2012_01_28>,
where you can pre-order /Abundance/, download the first chapter, watch
videos, share your reactions, and participate in a campaign to change
the world's conversation (and win a $5,000 prize in the process).

To launch the book and make a real impact in turning the world's current
negative focus around, *Peter and Steven are offering four gifts to
thank any early supporters for pre-ordering at *www.AbundanceTheBook.com
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?KurzweilAINetworkInc/5898556664/f170fa8745/897f8e5286/utm_source=Kurzweil&utm_medium=email_personal&utm_campaign=2012_01_28>*by
February 13*. (You'll get access to Singularity University's video
library packed with graduate training on exponential technologies, the
/Transcendent//Man/ documentary, and more.)

Please help spread the word!

Best,

Ray Kurzweil