permaculture - Re: [permaculture] sources for clean, safe, natural seeds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] sources for clean, safe, natural seeds
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:26:18 -0700

My top list for seed in the U.S (in no particular order):

-Baker Creek Seed (inspiring company, not necessarily organic, based in
Missouri)
-Abbondanza Organic Seeds (Awesome breeders/growers/sellers, based in
Colorado)
-Wild Garden Seeds (Phenomenal breeders/growers/sellers, based in Oregon)
-Uprising Seeds (Awesome breeders/growers/sellers, based in Washington)
-Siskiyou Seeds (Permaculture-based breeders/growers/sellers, based in
Oregon)
-Turtle Tree Seeds (Biodynamic, cooperatively grown by small scale farmers,
based in New York)
-Bountiful Gardens (John Jeavons outfit, not sure where they get much of
their seed, though I tend like the company and mission)
-Native Seeds SEARCH (Southwestern adapted crops, based in Arizona)

Companies I once liked a lot more than now:
-Seeds of Change (Still have a lot of rare varieties of southwestern crops)
-Seed Savers Exchange (Still have more heirlooms than anywhere)

--
Jason Gerhardt
Designer and Educator