permaculture - [permaculture] Fw: Permaculture - Communities Magazine Winter Issue - Free Articles, Special Prices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: inland permaculture <inwpconference@googlegroups.com>
  • Cc: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, spokane permaculture <pcspokane@googlegroups.com>, permaculture international <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fw: Permaculture - Communities Magazine Winter Issue - Free Articles, Special Prices
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 11:15:09 -0800 (PST)

The Fellowship for Intentional Community
Promoting Community Living & Cooperative Lifestyles
Communities magazine, Directory, Video and more

Communities Magazine — Winter 2011
Permaculture

Latest Issue in Print, More Free Articles Published Online

Subscribe Today

Order a Sample CopyPermaculture—Issue #153

Our latest Communities issue on Permaculture is proving to be one of our most
popular issues. If you haven't seen it yet, get a copy by subscribing now
or ordering a sample.
Communities'
winter issue focuses on Permaculture, an approach to designing resilient,
ecologically integrated human settlements and communities, incorporating not
only "permanent agriculture" but all aspects of "permanent culture." Articles
address a wide range of permacultural concerns, from social permaculture to
hugelkultur methods, and (mostly) that middle ground where human and nature,
social organization and ecological living skills, "people care" and "earth
care," intersect. We hope you find them
both instructive and inspiring.

Special Price: Subscribe to Communities and Buy a Communities Directory and
Save $13
Save $13 off the cover price when you buy a 1 year subscription to
Communities magazine with a copy of the Communities Directory. Only $46 gets
you our quarterly magazine and our new Directory which lists over 1250
communities. Get yours today!

Articles Featured Online

The following articles from our new issue have been posted at
communities.ic.org

Sociocracy: A Permaculture Approach to Community Evolution  by Melanie Rios

Lost Valley Educational Center avoids collapse and reinvigorates itself by
applying a new approach to governance combining the best of diverse models.
Read this article online

Permaculture At The Farm: Climate Prophylaxis  by Albert Bates

Drawing on its long association with permaculture, The Farm in Tennessee
institutes on-the-ground projects designed to provide resilience in times of
climate change.

Read this article online

The Sharing Gardens by Llyn Peabody

An innovative approach to collective community gardens nurtures a culture of
giving while allowing participants to feed both themselves and those in need.

Read this article online
Also in This Issue

FIC News―Communal Studies Association Honors Communities
Publisher’s Note―Changeaculture by Laird Schaub
Permaculture 101 and Attending to Zone Zero by Chris Roth
Social Permaculture by Starhawk
Lessons in Building Resilient Neighborhoods: Reflections on the PROUT
Institute Community SEED Program by Ryan Dubas
eCOOLvillages Comic by Albert Bates and friends
Hugelkultur on the Prairie, or Learning from Our Mistakes by Alyson Ewald
The Future of Water: Halting Desertification, Restoring Ecosystems, and
Nourishing Communities by Jeff Anderson
Permaculture on Low to No Budget by Elizabeth Barrette
Nature’s Friends Wait for Human Companionship by Rev. Marjani Dele
Growing a Culture of Gratitude in Argentine Patagonia: A WWOOFer Experiences
Community Living by James Collector
Cultivating Hope: Using Permaculture to Feed the Orphaned Children in Kenya
by Victor Omondi
Doing It, or Are We? by Tracy Matfin with Dona Willoughby
Farming with Horses...Not Tractors by Bernd Riechelmann
Permaculture as a Tool for Ecological Community Design by Ethan Hirsch-Tauber
How Permaculture Stole My Community! by Arjuna da Silva
UMass Amherst Permaculture: Leading by Example by Ryan Harb
Community Living Worldwide―Tasman Village, Australia by Bill Metcalf
Cultivating The Neighborhood―Creating Family Where We Are Now by Zane Hamm
Creating Cooperative Culture―Reunion Under the Redwoods by Diana Leafe
Christian
Reviews―The Growing Edge, Additional Permaculture Resources, and Herbal
Medicine from the Heart of the Earth by Chris Roth and Kim Crieger Goodwin

Get your Copy of Communities
Subscribe for as little as $24 a year

Get a sample copy of Communities for $5 plus shipping
Renew your subscription todayShop online for lower shipping rates and more
shipping options.

Subscriptions: one year, 4 issues: $24 US | $29 Canada | $31 Other.

Order by phone, fax, or mail:

FIC • 138 Twin Oaks Rd • Louisa VA 23093
800-462-8240 • fax 540-894-4112

Communities Magazine
Since 1972, Communities has been the primary resource for information,
issues, and ideas about intentional communities in North America - from urban
co-ops to cohousing groups to ecovillages to rural communes. Communities now
also focuses on creating and enhancing community in the workplace, in
nonprofit or activist organizations, and in neighborhoods, with enhanced
coverage of international communities as well. We explore the joys and
challenges of cooperation in its many dimensions.
Please subscribe today! If you're already a subscriber, tell your friends
about us, or better yet give a gift subscription.
The Communities magazine website features a selection of articles from our
quarterly magazine online. We post a handful of articles from each issue so
you can get a taste of what Communities offers.

This eNewsletter is a publication of the Fellowship for Intentional
Community, in circulation since 1999, serving over 12000 subscribers.

This email was sent to Michael Pilarski at this address
friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com

We have the following contact information and postal address status
associated with your email address:
Michael Pilarski, PO Box 826, Tonasket, WA 98855, 509-486-4056,
friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com, Share status: Do NOT share my postal address,
Postal mail status: OK to send postal mail
MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION. Winter #153 Permaculture is the current issue and was
mailed to subscribers on December 1. If you recently subscribed your first
issue likely is still in transit; please allow plenty of delivery time for
magazine rate mail!
Your subscription status is as follows: None This information is current
(however, in occasional circumstances it may have been last updated on
12/15/2011.)
To subscribe or renew please contact
order@ic.org  800-462-8240
store.ic.org/cmag
FIC MEMBERSHIP. According to our records the status of the paid individual or
group FIC membership listed at your address above is as follows: None. This
information is current (however, in occasional circumstances it may have been
last updated on 12/15/2011.)
  Fellowship membership is a separate service from a Communities magazine
  or eNews subscription.
Please note renewals received this month may not be reflected here nor will
the membership status of Organizational Staffers (Board, Implementers, etc.)
Also note that communities and organizations often are listed in our records
under a group name and under one or more individual's names. Membership and
magazine subscriptions are separate purchases; members are entitled to
subscription discounts.
CHANGED YOUR INFORMATION? Please keep us informed of any changes in your
customer information as displayed here. For best service use your customer
number 47045 when contacting us and/or in the Notes field of the online order
form. Notify us by emailing to order@ic.org if you wish to update any of your
contact information.
with  REMOVE-47045 as the subject. You'll receive a removal confirmation.
*  If a friend forwarded you a copy of this online newsletter and you would
like to subscribe please send a blank email to PubsList@ic.org with SUBSCRIBE
in the subject line. Please send both your NAME and EMAIL. If you wish to get
a few postal mailings per year from us also send your postal address in the
body of the email.

PRIVACY

We share postal mail addresses occasionally with like-minded organizations.
We do not sell, rent or share email addresses with any other organization.
Let us know if you prefer to not share your mailing address.
We do NOT telemarket, and do not sell, rent or share phone numbers with any
other organization or business.
MAILINGS. We email to the Fellowship list once per week to announce events,
new publications, and new editions. We send postal mail less frequently,
typically a few times per year. Please let us know if you would prefer to
receive announcements from us by postal mail, email, both, or prefer customer
service contact only.