permaculture - Re: [permaculture] natives AND permactulture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] natives AND permactulture
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:20:11 -0700

Thanks for the very rational argument and information.

one other reflection that I find valuable in this context.

Are caucasians native to North America?
Since we have the current state of the ecology to manage, perhaps it is
reasonable to focus on processes such as mineral cycling, water cycling, etc
rather than single species or even limited groups of species. which may be
emergent properties of the underlying processes.

This same line of reasoning comes up in Restoration work...re-storation to
what? the baseline has shifted, is shifting, and will continue to shift.

many thanks again,
Neil