permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] alternatives to roundup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] alternatives to roundup
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:10:36 -0700

I recently heard about the approval by NOP of an herbicide that is basically
concentrated acetic acid (vinegar). I'll try to get the details on the
name, producer, etc.

also, for the example of roadways, the EBIPM literature at (ebipm.org) has
suggestions such as seeding with low-growing sod-forming grasses, which may
work in some climates.

IMO, this is as much a perspective issue as a technical one. As long as we
'require' a 'quick-fix' that is what we will devise and market.

I'd love to hear about logistically straightforward (if not easy) methods
for weed control in these situations.

cheers,
Neil