permaculture - [permaculture] Information resources that may be of interest to some members of this forum: biointensive agriculture, hand tools and permaculture.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Information resources that may be of interest to some members of this forum: biointensive agriculture, hand tools and permaculture.
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 11:46:22 -0400

These galleries contain pictures of my farm and tools I use now and equipment I used in the past.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lfljvenaura/VenauraFarm02
https://picasaweb.google.com/lfljvenaura/VenauraFarm
https://picasaweb.google.com/lfljvenaura/EcoLandTech
and all of these galleries:
https://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm
--- https://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm/VenauraFarm#
particularly this one of my garden tools:
https://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm/GardenTools#
tractor equipment I used to own plus some developed by the late Eric Kindberg
https://picasaweb.google.com/dirt.4arm/TractorEquipment#
also some interesting plant pix & videos
be sure to see the old Southern recipes!
And more at another site:
Raised Bed Gardens, Field Crops, Wildlife Audio Recordings (frogs &
nighttime summer insects)
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/venaurafarm/
See especially this large gallery of old pix on my efforts to develop
raised bed cropping systems on my land - since then I have gone far
beyond that
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/venaurafarm/raisedbeds/

A collection of information about permanent biointensive notill agriculture plus a gardening hand tool sourcelist with extensive usage information:

Gardening Hand Tool Sourcelist
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq
Biointensive Gardening Guide and Farm & Garden Hand Tool Sourcelist
There are links to a number of resources on Fukuoka with more to be added plus material on Alan Chadwick.

Related information resources:
EcoLandTech
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
Permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
Market Farming
http://www.ibiblio.org/marketfarming

souscayrous (Jamie Nichol)
souscayrous' biological farming & permaculture collection
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/souscayrous/

Individual Collections:

Emilia Hazelip's Synergistic Agriculture - Collected Papers
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/souscayrous/EmiliaHazelip-SynergisticAgriculture

Marc Bonfils' Agricultural Research
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/souscayrous/MarcBonfils-AgriculturalResearch

souscayrous' albums (the two above) on PicasaWeb
http://picasaweb.google.com/souscayrous

A mailing list about permaculture:

PERMACULTURE
This forum exists for individuals interested in the study and practice of permaculture and for consultants, designers and teachers of this discipline, conceived and stewarded by Bill Mollison & David Holmgren
plus thousands more individuals over the years, from around the world offering their knowledge, skills and experience. It will provide a useful resource for those who choose to become involved with the
study of permaculture, gardening and farming as a means of achieving self-sufficiency and independence, practicing it actively at home and throughout their communities and bioregions.
Permaculture List Contacts:
permacultureforum@gmail.com
paul@richsoil.com
chrys@thefutureisorganic.net
You can read the permaculture archives here to see what topics are of interest to people:
The Permaculture Mailing List Message Archives are located here:
Permaculture Mailing List Message Archives
Google command to search these archives:
site:lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture [search string (omit the brackets)] Put this command in your browser's Google search box, not in the URL box.
Permaculture Mailing List Mirror Sites:
Permaculture Mailing List Blog
permaculturelist.blogspot.com
Permaculture Mailing List Group
https://groups.google.com/group/permaculturelist

  • [permaculture] Information resources that may be of interest to some members of this forum: biointensive agriculture, hand tools and permaculture., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 06/10/2011