permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Used keyline plow for sale?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Used keyline plow for sale?
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 18:01:23 +1000

G'day Lawrence,

Unless I am mistaken that is exactly what I did: I recommended either
Market Farming or Royal Purdy supply shanks and local frames!! So
don't know what tree you're barking up there matey! I don't know
anybody else that did Market Farming's job better than us in 2007 as
we hoiked a fully optioned plow from NY all the way to Wisconsin and
down to route 40 then across to CA with our family of 5 and Yeomans
rep Keith Ryan in a 5 seater...tight trip that was on the Keyline
Design tour back then so go real easy suggesting the locals are doing
a sterling job in getting this equisite tool out there....IMO the
local marketing of these implements has been breathtakingly
limited....At least Royal has a website (which I linked) and he has
sponsored both myself and Geoff Lawton (though Geoff doesn't do
Keyline) to do workshops in the US.

As for the Yeoman's the toolbars that they make are designed to
accomodate the full suite of equipment and have features that improve
their user-friendliness, a factor that one would only understand when
owning and operating one. Allan Yeomans and crew put a lot of
feedback-based thought into their frames and when you use them you
appreciate this. As we say the only bad thing about the Yeomans Plow
frames is the paint-job! The frames that I have seen in the US have
been a bit light on compared with the Yeomans models, especially the
cross beams. I can't recall whether they use 1/2" wall thickness on
the 4" RHS or not like Yeomans do.

Yours & Growing,

Darren J. Doherty,
www.permaculture.biz