permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Agaves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Agaves
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:48:58 -0500

Not all agree that it is that good of a sweetener since it is so high
in fructose.

"Most agave syrup has a higher fructose content than any commercial
sweetener -- ranging from 55 to 97 percent, depending on the brand,
which is FAR HIGHER than high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which
averages 55 percent."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/agave-this-sweetener-is-f_b_537936.html