permaculture - [permaculture] my barn owl has at least 4 babys in the nest box I made for her.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sals3" <sals3@cox.net>
  • To: "Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group" <SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Organic Gardening Discussion List" <OGL@LSV.UKY.EDU>
  • Subject: [permaculture] my barn owl has at least 4 babys in the nest box I made for her.
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 06:27:44 -0700

I so happy. every year for the last 4 years I have found young in the barn owl nest box. I put up another nest box . I hear if you have young barn owls you have a mice,rat,and gopher catcher working for you every night. I think the two parents have to eat a rat or gopher every night and the young 6 or so mice each. Nice. to bad we use so much pesticides on farms and take away nesting trees these guy sure are good workers. nest boxes are easy to make and for me have really paid off. I am so sad when I find a dead barn owl.