permaculture - [permaculture] Literature references: "plants sprayed with glyphosate or other herbicides are more susceptible to many biological and physiological disorders"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Literature references: "plants sprayed with glyphosate or other herbicides are more susceptible to many biological and physiological disorders"
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 11:58:57 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Scientist Letter to USDA Secretary Vilsack Possibly a Fraud
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:52:55 +0000
From: Joe Nessim <jnessj@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hello Rick,
Even before Dr. Huber's recent warning of the possible connection between glyphosate and a new pathogen, there was enough research showing the dangers of glyphosate. Personally, I don't want glyphosate on, or in, anything I eat, thank you very much. Unfortunately for me, and for people like me, we are now in the position that we are sadly hoping that researchers such as Dr. Huber will find even more disastrous evidence of this chemical's health and environmental hazards, as this is our only chance to bring about the phasing out of its use.
If you have decided to post on SANET, a sustainable agriculture forum that has the Precautionary Principle as one of its cornerstones, perhaps you'd like to comment on published glyphosate hazards, such as the following : http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/Roundup-Glyphosate-Factsheet-Cox.htm
Even the Purdue pdf. file you linked us to states (page 1) : "Research has indicated that plants sprayed with glyphosate or other herbicides are more susceptible to many biological and physiological disorders".
Joe, a farmer and consumer with "a certain attitude" about his health.

  • [permaculture] Literature references: "plants sprayed with glyphosate or other herbicides are more susceptible to many biological and physiological disorders", Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/26/2011