permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Composting toilet for Community Garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ray Cirino <cobanation@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Composting toilet for Community Garden
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:43:44 -0800 (PST)

Dear Scott,
The oder issues are because they aren't maintained properly and that people
think they are going to smell. Use glass blocks to let in the sun to rise the
air and put roses herbs of all kinds on the intake vent of the small cob
building. Find an artist to build cute microb puppets that educate the people
and for good measure put the prices of sewage treatment plants framed on the
wall. Don't forget the stories of how our oceans and water supply is being
polluted. oh, but wait, there's plenty of leaves people rake up throw away
killing their trees you can use. Finally, find all the peddles of the roses,
flowers and anything organic that smalls nice and make duff that can sweeten
the
load as a poopery garden soil. Hope that helps.

P.S. Europe has composting toilet everywhere and haven't had problems. It's
just
that the USA is really uneducated about it.
The Great Challenges we now face as a species present the very opportunities
that are giving birth to Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual
Sustainability.