permaculture - Re: [permaculture] corn gluten vs. monsanto

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] corn gluten vs. monsanto
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:07:04 -0800 (PST)

I revisited the DVD where Blume promotes CGM.  He is maintaining that, in his
experiments, CGM outright killed 50% of the ten most prevelant (sp?) weed
species associated with corn monoculture.  Of the remaining 50% he said that
60% of those were severely stunted at the roots and would not remain viable.
So that would leave about 20% of all the species of weeds remaining viable.
If this were true, it could then be said that CGM outright kills or severely
stunts 80% of the weed species associated with corn monoculture.  In the DVD
he doesn't addresss how CGM affects corn germination or root formation except
to say that "the timing is tricky".  But from the above it could be presumed
that it is possible that corn sprouts and remains viable in the presence of
CGM applied to the attendent soils.   Or do you have definitive information
that such is not true?

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Message: 3