permaculture - [permaculture] how to sharpen a serrated knife blade in 90 seconds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] how to sharpen a serrated knife blade in 90 seconds
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:35:15 -0700

Wow, that's fast.

And I had no idea that sharpening a blade could be that fast!

When I saw he was gonna just use the rag wheel buffer, I thought it
was gonna be lame, but the knife went from useless to razor sharp!

I have two questions:

1) what is he talking about when he says "wire edge"?

2) what does he keep doing by running the blade on the wood every ten
seconds or so?

http://www.youtube.com/paulwheaton12#p/u/0/SOFcnP79bBU

Please forward to folks that might be interested in this sort of thing.

Many thanks!

  • [permaculture] how to sharpen a serrated knife blade in 90 seconds, paul wheaton, 01/21/2011