permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course @ Wild Thyme Farm, Oakville, WA - 2/27 - 3/20

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dave Boehnlein <permaculture.dave@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course @ Wild Thyme Farm, Oakville, WA - 2/27 - 3/20
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:46:36 -0800

--Reduce your ecological footprint. Learn permaculture, food
production, and energy efficiency for your home and community.--

PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE
February 27 - March 20, 2011
Wild Thyme Farm, Oakville, WA

INSTRUCTORS:
Marisha Auerbach, Dave Boehnlein, and Kelda Miller

SPECIAL GUESTS:
Michael “Skeeter” Pilarski, Jenny Pell, Rick Valley, Leonard Barrett,
Mark Lakeman, John Henrikson, Kirk Hansen & more...

Globally, we are experiencing unpredictable changes in climate,
economy, and resources. Through intentional design, we can anticipate
what adaptive skills will be necessary for a joyful and abundant
future. In this permaculture design course, students will be immersed
in strategies to build community resilience and respond to
uncertainties of the future. Our stellar teaching team will offer a
144-hour permaculture curriculum with a focus on hands-on
skill-building in food production, plant propagation, and energy
systems. The Wild Thyme Farm, a premier permaculture demonstration
site, offers an immersion in examples of beautiful and productive
polyculture gardens, a 100 acre FSC certified forest, and strategies
for rural revitalization. Through presentations, slides, games,
lectures, field trips, and hands-on opportunities, this permaculture
course will offer diverse learning styles to emphasize ways that
students can design their lives and engage their communities in
strategies for a sustainable future.

COURSE TOPICS:
* Permaculture Ethics & Principles
* Observation & Site Analysis
* Energy Conservation
* Natural Cycles & Pattern Recognition
* Mapping & Design Exercises
* Animal Husbandry
* Forests, Agroforestry, & Tree Crops
* Soil Building & Ecology
* Cooperative Economics
* Plants, Propagation & Planting Strategies
* Eco-Building & Appropriate Technology
* Water Harvesting, Management, & Conservation
* Urban Permaculture & Village Design

COST: $1950 including accommodations and prepared organic meals.
Early bird registration: $1800 by January 15, 2011

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
http://www.herbnwisdom.com
Marisha Auerbach
(360)273-7117