permaculture - Re: [permaculture] skeeter's herb storage

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk" <wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] skeeter's herb storage
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:11:01 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 12/29/10, Lawrence F. London, Jr. > Chris:

> Could you explain what torrents are and how we can get set
> up to access
> this resource (w/o viruses & free).
>
> Tnx,
>
> LL

OK, here is a quick intro on torrents.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-torrents.htm

Here is the software that I use for downloading.

http://www.utorrent.com/

And here is the software that i use for searching public torrent trackers.

http://convivea.com/product.php?id=2

There are also plenty of private trackers. These are usually much faster and
have a lot more unusual stuff but they require that you keep a ratio ie you
share as much as you download. Most of them require invites.

For permaculture stuff I like the following.

www.thebox.bz
A tracker for British TV but with lots of permaculture stuff too.
Documentaries such as A Farm For the Future is over here.

www.theempire.bz
An Australian TV Tracker but also with a fair bit of gardening shows,
including Geoff Lawtons stuff

http://thegeeks.bz/
A tracker of educational material, book vids and MP3 lectures.
Lots of good obscure stuff here.

I have a few invites but can probably get some more for folks who are
interested.

Hope that this helps.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Chris