permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PDC = Permaculture Design Course or Permaculture Design Certification?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PDC = Permaculture Design Course or Permaculture Design Certification?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:32:00 -0400

On 10/27/2010 6:29 PM, Andrew Millison wrote:

I hear what you're saying with this whole conversation on the
semantics of "Certificate" versus "Certification". I had never thought
about it before this discussion arose. I'm going to use "Certificate"
from now on. Thanks for putting this all out there!

Andrew

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr.
<venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote
Re: [permaculture] PDC = Permaculture Design Course or Permaculture Design
Certification?
These folks seem to think it is the former:
I meant to say, "the latter". That is how it reads regardless of how they
intended it.

I'll go back to my previous posts about the value of accreditation and
certificates of achievement,
both of which should really mean something when you are advertising yourself as a "Certified" permaculture designer, teacher or consultant, or even aid or volunteer worker. That is how the real business world works as far as I know,
i.e. you don't just throw the term "certified" around like a fishnet hoping
it will catch cash paying customers.

http://www.midwestpermaculture.com/MidwestPermacultureCourses.php?gclid=CLftn-2H9KQCFcNe7AodkQfmiw

8 Days of On-Site Permaculture Certification Training Plus
- Foundations of Permaculture Pre-Course Work (full details)
- 14-hours of Recorded Instruction from Actual PDC Course
- Pre-Course Self-Study Questions
- Over 24 Pre-Course Handouts& Textbook
- And Actual On-Site Design Work

What Subjects are Covered in a
Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) Course?
There is a lot of ground to cover in a PDC. Permaculture is about looking at
ways to integrate many different elements into sustainable ways of living,
so even though we might not go into minute details, we look into many
subjects and continually look for ways to integrate these different elements
into our permaculture designs. Some of the subject areas covered are:

So, you can get "certified" in 8 days, as a designer? a permaculturist?
that you attended a permaculture design course?

Should be the last two.