permaculture - [permaculture] So much for permies.com.....(censorship of anti chemical/pesticide-herbicide/gmo agriculture discussion)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] So much for permies.com.....(censorship of anti chemical/pesticide-herbicide/gmo agriculture discussion)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:59:30 -0400

Topic banned at permies.com, thread locked by Paul Wheaton. Unbelievable. I
will no longer participate or contribute to that forum.

<><><><><><>

Forum Topic Title:
NYtimes article on Roundup resistant weeds
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/4055_0/meaningless-drivel/nytimes-article-on-roundup-resistant-weeds

*paul wheaton <http://www.permies.com/bb/index.php?action=profile;u=7>*
Administrator

missoula, montana
<http://www.permies.com/bb/index.php?topic=4055.msg35179#msg35179>
May 18, 2010, 03:08:28 PM
------------------------------
I am tempted to just delete the whole thread and be done with it.

Instead, I'm going to leave the thread here and lock it.

These forums are for discussion of stuff beyond the GMO/pesticides debates.
If any of you feel like you have a whole lot to say one way or another on
these topics, I would like to suggest another site.

<><><><><>

I am a small-scale market farmer and have been supportive of the organic and
sustainable farming movement since it began.
To not permit discussion of this important topic in a broad-based collection
of forums is unthinkable, especially in these times
when pesticide-herbicide, chemical, gmo agriculture is causing such
environmental, societal and economic damage all over the world.
Many of the contributors to this thread were organic-skeptics and pro
chemical, gmo, pesticide-herbicide agriculture. Probably paid
propagandists, agents provocateurs.

I'd have to guess that $omebody is in $some corporation's pocket....

  • [permaculture] So much for permies.com.....(censorship of anti chemical/pesticide-herbicide/gmo agriculture discussion), Lawrence London, 09/30/2010