permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permies forums down

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permies forums down
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:01:13 -0400

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM, paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com> wrote:

> And then, in the middle of the night I find out that
> the forums are down. I dropped everything to head home to missoula.
>
> whining part 2: after heaps of emails and calls and dragging in
> friends, I find out that my host decided to upgrade some of their
> stuff which crashed lots and lots of their clients. They have offered
> no ETA on when it will be fixed. And they won't allow me or my
> friends in to fix it.
>
> In the meantime I have secured a new host and will move to the new
> host as soon as the data is recovered.

You really should be at ibiblio. Don't know about the ads part though.
They offer a mailforum for accountholders with system updates, announcements
and feedback, Q&A
and RFI. Any system upgrades or changes are announced well in advance so you
can plan for them.
You have shell access so you can do your own fixing within permissions
limits.
You might want to inquire and ask if the ads part is OK. You'd have to
provide your own nameserver
as you'd have them host your .com as opposed to a .net or .org which they
can host.
The price is right = $00.00 and they are extremely reliable with excellent
backups & restore if needed.