permaculture - [permaculture] Join Us for The Northeast Convergence! Registration Closing Around June 18th

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa Fernandes <hibernia33@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Join Us for The Northeast Convergence! Registration Closing Around June 18th
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:40:07 -0400

Dear Permaculture Friends:

Wow, we are really excited about how the summer Northease [US] Permaculture
Convergence is shaping up and want to encourage you to register in the next
week or two as it looks like registration will close around June 18th.
Remember that your ticket includes camping, all sessions (more than 40 to
choose from) and delicious local, organic meals by Local Sprouts
Cooperative.

Here are some important notes:

You can get a full Convergence registration for as little as $35 by pulling
a couple of 2-hour volunteer shifts! (or $55 if you do one shift!) We still
have some volunteer slots to fill. Sign up here:
http://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/volunteering/

Day passes are available.

Kids under 13 are free and teens are discounted. We have some cool
dedicated activities for them as well.

If you're coming from far away, please organize a ride share or convoy!
This will help:
http://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/mapgetting-there/rideshare/

The sessions are looking great! Here are the schedule, descriptions and
presenter bios. http://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/schedule/

Field trips include Eliot Coleman's place, the Nearings' homestead, Deb
Soule's Avena Botanicals and many more very cool sites.
http://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/schedule/field-trips/

Finally, if you ARE coming, we're looking for:
-some people to bring digital video cameras or audio recorders (and post up
some video afterward)
-some people to write up some summaries or reviews of sessions to post
afterward
-easels (that can take a flipchart)
-some t-shirt screen printing gear
-musicians that can join our fabulous caller for the contra dance!
-Wellness practitioners to sign up for a shift in the wellness area in
exchange for a registration discount
http://northeastconvergence.wordpress.com/schedule/wellness-area/

Come join us for a wonderful event at a glorious time of year to be in
Maine.

Warm Regards,
Lisa Fernandes
Portland Maine Permaculture + Resilient Homes
(for the Convergence organizing team)