permaculture - [permaculture] Keyline Super Plow Successful Test Run

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: Permaculture List <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Keyline Super Plow Successful Test Run
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:42:43 +1000

G'day,

Following on from the
pics<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz/KeylineSuperPlowRD?feat=directlink>we
sent through the other day yesterday we gave the machine a run and it
worked like a dream ....Ben worked late to get this and now
video<http://www.taranakifarm.com/blog/?p=92>up for you to check
out....Just gotta extend the seed pipe to come down
behind the shank so the seed (in this case Winteroo Oats & Popany Vetch)
will be dropped right into the 'wake' of soil as it folds over giving us
better soil seed contact.

Next job is to sort out the tubing so it flows easier for the microbes (from
compost tea) and makes it easier to clean so as to reduce contamination.
Also to make up the tool bars for the tyned seeders, coulters (though we may
just add the smaller Yeomans 14" coulter assemblies onto the same beam as
the Yeomans shanks) and some press wheels.

The idea of putting a roller on is a good one though at this stage we are
running the machine as a 3PL set up so hanging more weight way out back is
not on our agenda. Therefore the use of lightweight aftermarket presswheels
(10kg per assembly) suits us better at this stage. We are also keen to move
this to a trailing bit of gear so as to reduce the stresses on the linkage
and allow us to carry more liquid (Both COAS
<http://www.coas.com.mx/>-inspired
BioFertilisers & Compost Tea) plus drums of our seed mixes....Yeomans have
an trailing assembly that fits directly onto an existing 3PL frame so I
think that we'll go down that path.

My 87 year old mother in law suggested that we should enter this onto the 'New
Inventors <http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/>' - I reckon its just salt
and pepper with soup added....they have all been around for a while just
never combined before.....next the 'Fines herbes'.....

The Aussie family farm shed lives!

All the best,

Darren

--
Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty

UPCOMING EVENTS

2010 Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (Oceania & Beyond)
http://www.RegenAG.com

3 day Farm Ready Approved (Australia only) Keyline Farming Workshops,
September-October 2010, Tasmania, Victoria, NSW, QLD, NZ (
http://www.RegenAG.com)

Curso Maquinaria Pesada Keyline Cosecha de Agua (Heavy Equipment & Keyline
Water Harvesting Course), Tepatitlan, Jalisco, Mexico, May 14-17, 2010 (
http://www.coas.com.mx)

2º Encuentro Internacional Amigos de los Árboles - 'Más Árboles ante el
Cambio Climático' - Institución Cultural El Brocense, Cáceres, Extremadura,
España (www.masaboles.org) 4, 5 y 6 de Junio, 2010

Keyline & Carbon Farming Course, Lisbon Higher Institute of Agronomy,
Lisbon, Portugal, June, 2010 (http://permaculturaportugal.ning.com)

APC10 Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Cairns, QLD, AU, September
2010, (www.apc10.org.au)

Permaculture Design Certificate Course (with Christian Shearer), Tanjung
Sutera Resort, Southern Malaysia, December 3 -18, 2010 (www.panyaproject.org
)

International Remote & On-site Broadacre Permaculture Design
Cost-effective GIS/CAD-based Land Development Plans & Design Treatments just
about anywhere....
AUSTRALIA FELIX PERMACULTURE
Broadacre Permaculture Design & Development
International Certified Permaculture Education

Patron Fundacion + Arboles, España (http://www.masarboles.org/)
Project Manager Carbon Culcha, Australia (http://carbonculcha.com.au/)
Vice President New Soil Security Inc. (US)
Originator: Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series (http://www.RegenAG.com
)

Web: http://www.permaculture.biz
PhotoLog: http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz