permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Huh!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Huh!
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:42:25 -0600

Plus, he's a mass murderer. A million Iraqis, half of them children, died as a result of the embargo on the Iraqi civilian economy that was initiated by Bush I and maintained throughout the Bush/Gore tenure. His Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright, when questioned in particular about the deaths of children, said, "We think the price is worth it."

If we tolerate and speak well of mass murderers, we will continue to have mass murderers as leaders. I think the use of mass murder as an instrument of national policy is completely antithetical to the permaculture ethics.

Bob Waldrop
Prairie Rose Permaculture

Stephen Sherman wrote:
Nice happy talk from the old Pres; maybe he even believes it. However history has proven this sales pitch to be nothing more than a load of rubbish.

The end results of NAFTA, free trade with China, and all the other scams which were sold on lines and promises like these, have ended up quite differently. The US and the West has given up their manufacturing jobs and expertise so that large corporations can pocket the wage differences between home and third world work forces. Workers on both sides have seen increased unemployment and declining standards of living. The West when the manufacturing jobs first left. And more recently those workers who first got the jobs as manufacturing moves yet again to cheaper labor markets.

These policies have been a disaster for all. It will take decades to repair the damage done.