permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture and Civilization talk

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture and Civilization talk
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:47:30 -0800

Tripp has asked a while ago if any of my talks on my Eastern USA visits would be recorded. The "How Permaculture Can Save Humanity and the Planet but not Civilization" talk I did at Duke U last week was filmed with very nice production values (the slides were all dubbed in), all in one piece, at this link:

http://www.nicholas.duke.edu/hemenway/index.html

and the dean of Duke's Environmental School did a shockingly flattering blog post on my talk, for those who just want a quick synopsis. It's at

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=permaculture-forever-sustainability

I'll be in New England next week, and hope to meet more of you.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com