permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Convert landfills to compost!]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Margaret Eisenhauer" <eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Convert landfills to compost!]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:54:26 -0500

Okay I am going to rant -

This culture of waste amounts to Trash Culture! Trash culture causes us to
become trash makers as everything we touch is turned into trash. In trash
culture all our energy goes into making trash as all our outputs are termed
"Waste" with the intent that this energy will disappear once we have thrown
it out. Obviously this culture is not based in reality because energy can
not be created or destroyed and our outputs are intended to be the manna for
some other creature's existence, yet Trash Culture marches on making endless
piles, heaps and streams of trash, even making trash out of people it
doesn't understand or like while considering itself the pinnacle of
desirability.

WOW!

Practically speaking if woody bio material is burned to char for energy to
heat water, homes and farmsteads with the resulting char used as a soil
amendment it would allow for the sequestering of carbon, the enrichment of
farmland and the utilization of needed energy while many of the offending
angels associated with Mr. & Mrs. Trash maker would be ameliorated by the
heat of gasification. (This is speculation which would require testing) Yes
not all toxic material could be utilized - such as metals contamination -
requiring vigilance and this would not solve the cultural divide between
reality and illusion but perhaps a good direction for experimentation.

Steven Eisenhauer
Eisenhauer Design Inc.