permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Genetic Glass Ceiling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Genetic Glass Ceiling
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:04:20 -0800

I like your sense of humour, Tripp!
As I understand it, part of the reason that people aren't upset is because of the lack of labeling.
And why was it that people were not up in arms over the lack of labeling?
(See Tripp's answer, below)

Frances

P.S. We have been eating only organic food since '98. It's been a budgetary priority and we've managed to afford it. We've stuck to it, even if it ostracized us.
And, as has been pointed out elsewhere on this list, what passes for organic is often a pathetic looking monoculture system. All the while, the larger companies have been busy watering down the rules on what passes for organic. Still, I feel it's important to avoid the pesticides, fertilizers, and gmo's that can be found in conventional foods. I also feel good that the food I buy has not poisoned the environment or the DNA.
Much that is gmo is grown to feed animals, and also to create bio fuel.
Contamination of seed is a huge theft of nature...
But, for some reason, the companies that are making the GMO's are the ones doing the suing!
(See comment on the personality of the Corporation in Thierry's message ~