permaculture - [permaculture] Compost Riddle

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michael judd <michael@projectbonafide.com>
  • To: nyc permaculture meet-up group <permaculture-61@meetup.com>, permaculture ibiblio listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture hudsonvalley list <permaculturehudsonvalley-owner@lists.riseup.net>, permaculture open listserv <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Compost Riddle
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 01:57:45 +0000

Permaculture Crew

Thank you for the good replies and
ideas. Trust a riddle on humanure

and nutrient recycling to raise some permaculture irie. I’m down with

the bucket system, especially for the
chilly climes, but it remains a

'movement' too close to home for many.
Poco a Poco.

The chambered systems is what we’ve worked with on la finca
with fine results

amongst those privy to keeping the balance and willing to lug reeking

urine about but the same design we
built at local schools went quickly anaerobic.

Your replies have reminded me of our gray water design which
flows into a banana circle, which is basically a dug out fish scale with high
mass producers planted around for cut and drop. I reckon running the urine
tube
into the same design will work just fine, probably better with all the urea.
Just need to keep el machete sharp!

Gracias a Todos.

Hope to see you down south..

Michael Judd