permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - Collape - Food - The Movie

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - Collape - Food - The Movie
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:28:42 -0800

Sorry, have not kept up with local discussion.
Have been involved on this topic in emails elsewhere.

Here is my understanding of Copenhagen:
another attempt to usurp our rights and freedoms at the same time as it takes away national sovereignty.
They are using the end (global warming) as an excuse to pass draconian means (here is where they put in laws that take away your rights and freedoms and allow the police to act on behalf of the ones that can afford to pay the piper.
They are greenwashing -- using the green movement to push for the changes that will give the means towards further structures of world government without representation. And also, the power to act without recourse, without need to justify, explain or excuse. In short, legislated lawlessness.

In Canada, it's called bill c-6. Globally, it has been Codex.
And now, globally, a new initiative which cleverly takes the inward looking greens who only want to be good citizens to build their next overarching superstructure with which to censor new initiatives and maintain the status quo.
Remember, they don't have to explain why.
Look to the means.
Read the fine print.
And never support laws that would enact a loss of freedoms.

Once again, we are witnessing an incredible piece of post 9/11 legislation in our post 9/11 world.

What is it with certain scientific theories that they achieve a level of religion? What is so untouchable about climate change and what is causing it? Why do we assume that its scientists, unlike the scientists for big pharma, would be beyond corruption?

Hello? Anyone awake out there?

The time for political bigotry is over. Tis time to judge each issue on its merits. Regardless of who speaks for or against.
In short, it's time to wake up, and stop being idle followers, and start, to think for ourselves!

Frances