permaculture - [permaculture] Another USDA Scam

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Carnevale <c.s.carnevale@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Another USDA Scam
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:49:11 -0600

Hello,

I saw this on the web and thought I'd pass it on for news or if any of you
want to act upon it. The USDA is considering new regulations for a food
safety certification program for leafy greens--of course the kind of thing
that only big ag can buy into. It looks like stage one of the fear everyone
had about H.R. 875 actually coming true. The USDA is hosting public comment
meetings about the regulations that some of you United Statesers may be able
to attend.

Here's a link to the Cornucopia Institute's alert webpage:
http://www.cornucopia.org/2009/09/fresh-market-vegetable-growers-and-handlers-the-usda-needs-to-hear-from-you/
.

Take care,

Chris Carnevale

  • [permaculture] Another USDA Scam, Chris Carnevale, 09/25/2009