permaculture - Re: [permaculture] how to acquire land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] how to acquire land
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:02:30 -0500

Brent, do you have any pictures/documentation of your site online?

Justin, land prices have gone down drastically around here in the Kickapoo Valley of Southwest Wisconsin. Perhaps still outside your price range but something to consider is that one of the counties here has the most organic farms (not acres) in the US. The county next to it has 2 15+ year old permaculture sites; our small 3 acre demonstration at Dreamtime Village & Mark Shepard's farm style permculture as New Forest Farm, about 4 miles from here.

Scott, I would take searching for free land on the net with a grain of salt, but perhaps you were making a joke & I missed it.

~mIEKAL

harvesting cornus mas with a big tarp--wine soon to follow