permaculture - [permaculture] Weekend Series Permaculture Design Course in Bloomington, Indiana

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Weekend Series Permaculture Design Course in Bloomington, Indiana
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:00:38 -0400

*Weekend Series Permaculture Design Course in Bloomington, Indiana*

The time has come! Permaculture (the application of ecology to the design of sustainable systems of food production, housing, appropriate technology, and community development based upon an ethic of caring for the earth) is an empowering foundation for the transitional and regenerative work of our generation. This course provides practical and effective tools for people to respond to economic and ecological instability and to create resilient, thriving homes, neighborhoods and communities.

Peter Bane, publisher of the 25 year old Permaculture Activist <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/> magazine; Keith Johnson, who has been practicing permaculture for over 25 years; and Rhonda Baird, originator of the Bloomington Permaculture Guild team up with Kevin Glenn of Owl Creek Programs and other guests to offer a fun, fast-paced, and transformative course.

This discounted series is meant for those who work and can't take time away for a two-week course. We are very pleased to offer this globally popular training (more than 200,000 graduates worldwide) for people in the central and southern IN region.

We will gather at the Friend's Meeting House (3820 E. Moores Pike) Friday evenings, Saturday all day, and Sunday afternoons on October 16-18, Oct. 30-Nov. 1, Nov. 13-15, Feb. 19-21 and March 5-7. We're happy to help those traveling from out of town find accommodations. The cost of the course is $750 (or $700 if paid by 9/15). This includes Saturday lunches and materials for the course. You may pay for the course using Paypal <http://permacultureactivist.net/DesignCourse/Registration.htm> (though you will need to contact Rhonda for registration materials). Please contact Rhonda Baird at 812-323-1058 or rk.baird[at]yahoo[dot]com for more information.

(See also http://permacultureactivist.net/intro/PcIntro.htm for a further introduction to Permaculture, http://permacultureactivist.net/DesignCourse/PcSyllabus.htm for a course overview and feel free to contact me <mailto:keithd.johnson@comcast.net> or Rhonda <mailto:rk.baird@yahoo.com>.)

--

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center <http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative <http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog <http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar <http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>
- Continental Bioregional Congress Blog <http://bioregional-congress.blogspot.com/>
- Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way <http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower>

  • [permaculture] Weekend Series Permaculture Design Course in Bloomington, Indiana, Keith Johnson, 08/14/2009