permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and training courses?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and training courses?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:31:10 -0400

Good answer! Here in the so called "first world", particularly in the U.S.,
we may be seeing one of the most narcissistic set of generations ever
experienced - starting with the baby boomers and the successive generations.
There is a sense of entitlement that amazes me. A sustainable culture will be
based on mutual support. Payment for goods or services may or may not be made
in cash, but it sure won't involve over entitled people demanding everything
for free.

Larry Saltzman