permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Watch - fascination with "technology"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Margaret & Steven Eisenhauer" <eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Watch - fascination with "technology"
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:37:33 -0400

A mystery in time?

This watch concept is based on utilizing energy from the wearer's kinetic
activity rather than a battery or having to remember to wind it. I liken
this to - our soil - the giving cup - which refills with new growth every
season. The danger for us is if we do not understand the mechanisms
associated with the movement/fertility, and assume it has nothing to do with
us, when in fact we provide inputs that cause gyrations/shifts to drive that
movement/fertility, we risk its destruction. Lucky for us the soil is so
forgiving that it can be healed by the actions of plants and animals after
we abuse it - unlike the watch. From farmers to watch makers - what time is
it?

Steven Eisenhauer