permaculture - [permaculture] Advanced Indigenous Permaculture Design Course May 26-june 4 2009 Wisconsin /Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Advanced Indigenous Permaculture Design Course May 26-june 4 2009 Wisconsin /Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:04:35 -0700

Advanced Indigenous Permaculture Design Course May26-june 4 2009 Wisconsin /Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP)

http://www.sustainabledevelopmentinstitute.org/AdvancedPermaculture2009/index.asp

This course will incorporate traditional indigenous knowledge of agricultural practices with permaculture design principles, ethics, and characteristics. We will explore the practical aspects of permaculture through study and application of permaculture design methods and principals in the areas of microclimates, soils, water, earthworks, gardening, animal husbandry, aquaculture, seeds, plants, and distribution, site design, market and food preservation, forest gardens, maps and plans, including comprehensive comunity food systems. The course will be 72 hour of hands-on and classroom instruction.

Co-Facilitators for the course are Juan Nelson Rojas and Ronaldo Lec Ajcot of the Mesoamerican Permaculture Institute (IMAP). Tsyunhehkwa and Oneida Nation Program staff will offer instruction in many of the topic areas currently being practiced as a part of the Oneida Community Integrated Food System

Tsyunhehkw^ is an Agricultural Community and Culturally based program of the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin. Our Agricultural component is located at 139 Riverdale Drive, on a Certified Organic 83-acre site. Our program is founded on Self Sustainability, and service for the Oneida Nation and the Community. Our entire operation and services are open to the public. We have three main components, Agriculture, Cannery and Retail. Our primary focus is on Self-Sustainability and food security. Our staff of 13 people works to meet our Community's needs and our goals. However, we could not accomplish this without the support and help of the Oneida Nation, our community and friends.