permaculture - [permaculture] (fwd) Liquid Fertilizer Debacle Leads to Questions About the Integrity of Organic Food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] (fwd) Liquid Fertilizer Debacle Leads to Questions About the Integrity of Organic Food
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:30:16 -0500

http://lists.ifas.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0902&L=sanet-mg&T=0&O=D&P=101304
SANET-MG Archives -- February 2009 (#145)
Subject: Liquid Fertilizer Debacle Leads to Questions About the
Integrity of Organic Food
From: sals3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:30:45 -0800

http://www.organic-center.org/science.comment.php?action=view&report_id=143

I don't use any off farm inputs and this is one reason why. the USDA has
for years let non organic ferti pass as organic. we told them lots of ferti
is claiming to be organic and fooling the people wanting to grow organic.
we have been telling the usda for years /./ now because many big shot
organic farming have been using a non organic product get to still sell the
food as organic trying to sweep this under the rug. just like they
are sweeping organic contaminated food with gmos under the rug. why
because usda organic is not even trying to keep organic food organic. what
im i paying these folks my hard earned money every year for. its a paper
and money game and the real organic growers have to carry the cost and be
burden by a system that works against organic growing by releasing gmos
that contaminat organic and leting crooks sell fertilizers not organic
labeled as OMRI organic to fool the people into thinking the food they
are growing is organic.

There is no spirt in this organic growing any more. its a big money game.
some farmer grow both organic and non organic because its a money game to
them. I get organic inspectors that they grow not organic. the penuts that
made folks sick came from a place that did both organic and non organic no
spirt they are in it for the money they can suck out of organic farmers. .
no will to keep organic food organic but us real organic growers . as a
ccof organic grower this is not good we have spent years making the organic
label mean something . we pay more now to use the word organic then ever
. lets keep it real.

  • [permaculture] (fwd) Liquid Fertilizer Debacle Leads to Questions About the Integrity of Organic Food, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/21/2009