permaculture - [permaculture] Transition Town Initiative US and PCI 501c3 tax status

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Transition Town Initiative US and PCI 501c3 tax status
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:44:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello Thomas Allen

Here's a funky idea:  as the same group of people, land, and other resources,
accept both non-profit entities into your group.

Allocate some resources that identify more with PCI and some resources that
identify more with TI US.

Why?  Should any government decide one group (either PCI or TI US) needs to
be shut down for what ever reason, you can simply move all your assets from
one non-profit to another without fear of being shut down while you wait for
a new tax-exempt status.

Great move becoming tax exempt which will save you from the constant drag of
property taxes (never mind other sources of monetary gain taxes)!

Good luck!