permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Need top bar beehive design specs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kathyann <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Need top bar beehive design specs
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 05:15:04 -0500

I met these folks at Organic Beekeepers Conference and tried their
Golden Mean design proportions. It does seem a bit happier but we had a
tough year here and won't know for a couple years.
The dimensions here are small for bee growth, with winters here. Great
for home harvest and basic pollination though. Just be sure to harvest
honey to keep cycle.
http://www.backyardhive.com/images//backyardhiveplans_a.pdf

My favorite site for beginning
http://www.bushfarms.com/beesnewbees.htm

List for more answers than you can stand. (fills up with debates and
core group mix of organic beeks, bee resettlers, and research breeding
for natural sizing so threads can get to genetics which can be much for
newbee)