permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Exxon makes record profits and loves "scarcity" i.e. loves the Peak Oil mythology

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Douglas Barnes <duckrace2000@yahoo.ca>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Exxon makes record profits and loves "scarcity" i.e. loves the Peak Oil mythology
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:52:21 -0800 (PST)

I have to agree with Robert Waldrop and with the International Energy Agency.
I don't subscribe to the creamy nougat theory. We live in a closed system
with its non-renewable resources (and improperly managed renewable resources)
subject to diminishing returns upon extraction. And looking at what our
species does when energy is readily available, we'd all better hope peak oil
comes soon.

favourite sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.