permaculture - [permaculture] Strawberry Fields, Konso, Ethiopia: PDCs in 2009

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alex McCausland <alex1mcc@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture_uk@yahoogroups.co.uk, p <permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture-request@openpermaculture.org, permalearnersuk@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Strawberry Fields, Konso, Ethiopia: PDCs in 2009
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 00:48:12 -0800 (PST)

Strawberry Fields Eco Lodge (SFEL) holds monthly certificated 72-hour
Permaculture Design Courses (PDC), at our project site in Konso. The courses
are lead by Mr Tichafa Makovere Shumba, our resident trainer from Zimbabwe
who has 14 experience of years working in Permaculture with various different
bodies in southern Africa including the SCOPE program.

SFEL is a concept in applied community development: a sustainable business
integrating an Eco-Lodge, demonstration Permaculture Farm and PDC training
facility. Our courses are specially relevant to the rural african situation,
aiming to adress the needs and problems of rural communities in developing
countries, particularly in Africa. This makes them of special relevance to
those wishing to work in community development in the developing world. We
offer training to local, national and international NGO's, local stakeholders
including the governmental offices, model farmers and school teachers, as
well as independant individuals, including foreigners. The course we offer is
a 13 day residential format, including theory, practicals, excursion,
participatory group-work and design excersizes. Food and accomodation is
included in the price.

Course fees: Ethiopian residents ETB3000; Non residents US$750 (or equivalent)

Provisional Course Callendar for 2009

February 18th – 30th;
March 16th – 28th;
April 20th – May 2nd;