permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A small-scale grain harvesting project. New equipment to be made available.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bela Beke <belabeke@belabeke.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A small-scale grain harvesting project. New equipment to be made available.
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:07:42 +1100

Here is a link to small machinery -Italian -i guess you may or may not have seen it.
http://www.ferrari-tractors.com/smallscale.htm
I'm interested in grain growing on even smaller scale- 1/4 acre, or even row crops. .Fukuoka grew 1500 pound of winter grain
and 1500 pound of rice on the same 1/4 acre ,no dig,Using hand tools for harvesting and processing .No off farm inputs .I'm interested in
small hand operated grain processing equipment .I have some experience in making equipment -human powered.Come to think of it- there used to be a Fukuoka list on yahoo
Please forgive if O/T- please tell me where to post about this.
Regards,
Bela Beke