permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Keyline and deep plowing..

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Keyline and deep plowing..
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:56:45 -0800

hi tim
where are you located ,, if you are on the east coast, quebec or ontario, there are the carbon farmers in vermont http://www.carbonfarmersofamerica.com/,this is the closes group using keyline design
wes

check out you tube , here is a lecture on keyline organized in 2007 in santa barbara that brought keyline expert darren doherty to the US, below is his website , you could ask him as he did a us tour and was in BC

Permaculture.biz Home Page
Permaculture Education, Design, and Consulting from Darren Doherty of Bendigo ... on one of the few Permaculture/Keyline inspired forest & tree crop ...
www.permaculture.biz/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

First I ever heard of this Keyline plowing method, and the pics of raised beds and discriptions fit perfectly for what I want to do here.

Thanks so much for posting this.
Any info on someone using this system in Canada would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.. Tim
Tyreless Farms (constantly under development)
Home Town Foods and Bakery- Dexter Cows- Community Supported Agriculture