permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture farm opportunity, + e-lists

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: SArjuna@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture farm opportunity, + e-lists
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:42:16 EST

Last year, with two other couples, we bought 120 acres of land in the
Driftless Area (nonglaciated) of SW Wisconsin, to create a permaculture farm
community for 6 households. It turns out that we should have known our
partners
better.... The partnership is now dissolving and the land will be sold
through a realtor, unless we can find people interested in buying out the
other two
couples who now want to quit the project.

The property is ideal for this kind of project. It includes wooded slopes,
gentle open slopes, wetland and rich bottomland with up to 4 feet of topsoil.
There is a large south-facing coulee with a springfed stream that is a
perfect spot for growing things watered by natural gravity flow. There are
two
other springs on the property, as well.

We've had local permaculture teacher Mark Shepard walk the land with us a
couple of times to discuss it, and will bring him in to advise us if we get
the
project going.

The area is not only beautiful, but also home to many other "like-minded"
people who are growing food organically, living in simple green homes (many
off-grid), sending their kids to the Waldorf school or homeschooling....

If you know anyone who would be seriously interested, please pass this along
to them? Time is of the essence. (We will gladly provide information
about outselves, including references.) We also welcome suggestions re how
network to find partners.

Also, I host some free e-lists sent blind copy that anyone is welcome to
join. The topics include:
- sustainable living/gardening
- Peak oil & energy issues
- socioeconomic/political/philosophical
- natural wellness
- EMR/EMF (Health effects, what to do to protect yourself. Also see
www.LifeEnergies.com/)
- environment

Most sincerely,
Shivani Arjuna (presently of Belgium, WI)
www.LifeEnergies.com

It's a small world after oil.

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW
AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&
ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

  • [permaculture] Permaculture farm opportunity, + e-lists, SArjuna, 11/30/2008