permaculture - Re: [permaculture] private property and forests

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Steve Read" <steveread@free.fr>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] private property and forests
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:26:05 +0100

Hello, Rain Tenaqiya,

All over Britain thousands of acres of land held by schools has been was sold
off, particularly during the Thatcher regime as schools made a quick pound
out of the booming housing development. That an analyst writes a book, that
someone reads it, and its got an ISBN number doesn't necessarily make the
proposals in it astute. Pension schemes can be as ill-judges in their
practices as anyone else. The point I would like for a final time to
re-iterate is that private property gives the owner(s) the right (constrained
only by variable Govt and local laws) to do with it as they like, in
perpetuity and their children etc etc.

Over and out

SteveR