permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 5 Stages of Collapse by Dmitri Orlov

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 5 Stages of Collapse by Dmitri Orlov
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:40:13 -0500

When you get to the page with the slides you will see a link that says "View speaker notes <http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=dtxqwqr_76dcp7bxcr#>" that, when clicked, opens another small window with the entire speech (that changes as you proceed from one slide to the next).

Marjory wrote:
Thank you Keith for posting this information. I am getting more and more technologically behind, and I couldn't figure out how to see the whole text of the speech at the google website. I did see the slide presentation, which is good, but I would like to read the entire text. Could you either post the whole text, email it to me (forestgarden@gvtc.com), or tell me how to get it? Orlov has some very interesting things to say and an eye of an outsider with insights into our own country that are worth reading.
Thanks again,
marjory

Keith Johnson wrote:
Dmitri Orlov <http://www.cluborlov.blogspot.com/>, author of Reinventing Collapse <http://astore.amazon.com/booksptp-20/detail/0865716064>, spoke this previous weekend about the at the 5th Annual Peak Oil and Community Solutions Conference <http://www.communitysolution.org/conference.html>. You can read his presentation, and view the slides, here <http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=dtxqwqr_76dcp7bxcr#>. I found it to be the most powerful talk of the entire conference. I recommend it highly. Be forewarned...it's time to get VERY serious about preparing for shaky times.
--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212
- http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
- Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
- Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
- Patterns for Abundance Design & Consulting
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
- Association for Regenerative Culture http://www.ARCulture.org
- APPLE (Alliance for Post-Petroleum Local Economics) It's a small world
after oil. http://www.relocalize.net/groups/applebloomington
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/
http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/